It does not take a wild guess to know why you are reading the review article on NOCO Boost Plus GB40, because a frustrating mishap can happen to anyone and worse at any time.
You must have had an incidence where you have a car fallen flat on your face with a dead battery. Or when after a freezing day, your car in the garage will not start and you have to be somewhere. And it things become more frustrating when you have had four jump starters already and tired of looking for another true fighter. The horrible days are over because here comes the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 review.
NOCO Boost Plus GB40 meets up to its pocket jump starter status being 8 times smaller and lighter against heavier and massive jumper packs. The brand new portable lithium-ion device is rugged and reliable for 12-volt lead-acid batteries.
Its patented safety technology renders to reverse polarity protection and spark-proof connections allow safe jump-start of a dead battery in seconds. The powerful and high-quality battery booster functions easily in vehicles while doubling as a power source for recharging USB devices. When shutting down, GB40 changes modes from SOS to emergency strobe eventually before turns off.
Why the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 Charger is a great choice:
- On a single charge, NOCO Boost Plus GB40 Jump starts most single-battery 12-volts applications instantly up to 20 times.
- The safety functionality of GB40 allows backward hook-up because it has polarity-reverse protection and spark-proof connectivity that will keep the jump-starter from discharging even if anyone hooks it up wrong.
- It has multiple luminosity settings including wash light, SOS, and emergency strobe for immediate adaptability in a variety of situations.
- 12V 2.1A built-in USB Car cigarette lighter charger powers USB devices: Bluetooth speakers, smartphones, watches, tablets, etc.
- Small and pretty lightweight for carrying ease.
- Flexible and well-built cables to fight overheat.
- 100-Lumen LED light used for seven light modes.
- A reliable charge for phones and other electronics.
- Holds charge for up to a year.
- Rechargeable in just 3 hours through a micro USB port.
- Limited number and capacity of ports.
- Restricted to 12-volt lead-acid batteries.
NOCO Boost Plus GB40 Charger Noteworthy Features
- Powerful 1000-Ampere (7,000 Joules3S) Lithium-ion technology that jump-starts gas (up to 6 liters), petrol and diesel engines (up to 3 liters) despite its small size.
- With a single charge, the GB40 can jumpstart up to 20-cars functioning on 12volt lead-acid batteries.
- HD Precision Clamps for hard-to-reach battery terminals, in-built reverse polarity, and spark-proof technology.
- Compact, Advanced and lightweight design for carrying and using ease without having to worry about being helplessly stranded in emergencies.
- Flexible and well-built cables overheating or melting including the functionality to detect connection errors through the installed system and display along with other problems of the device before use.
- Seven light modes including flashlight features for car hood lighting and emergency strobe for 100-Lumen LED light used at the front side.
- Also can be used to virally charge electronic gadget and devices through built-in 2.1A USB out port.
- Rechargeable in just 3 hours through the USB ports backside of this device with a USB cable or 12V car charger ensuring enough power through every single charge to have 20 revivals of vehicles.
NOCO Boost Plus GB40 FAQs
Q: How does the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 work?
A: After all necessary connections are completed and the vehicleâ€™s power loads are switched off, press the Power Button of GB40 to begin the jump-starting process. All LEDs will flash, indicating properly functioning LEDs. The White Boost LED will illuminate indicating a proper connection to the battery. Reverse connection of battery clamps makes the Red Error LED to illuminate. Reversing the connections again will flash the White Boost LED which means the GB40 is ready for jump-starting the vehicle.
If starting the vehicle does not immediately start it means the GB40 is required to be connected for up to 30 seconds before starting. However, only attempt up to 5 consecutive jump-starts within a short span of 15 minutes. You may try again after allowing the GB40 to rest for 15 minutes. Remove the GB40 and the battery clamps once the vehicle has been started.
Q: How long does NOCO Boost Plus GB40 hold a charge?
A: The jump-starter is able to contain 70% of its rated capacity for as long as one year. After the initial charge, we recommend charging the device every 6-12 months at least for optimal performance.
Q: How is it recharged?
A: Since the device is a USB rechargeable, any qualified USB AC Adapter, Laptop, Car Charger, and other USB-powered port allows recharging of the device.
Q: Does it have any limitations on car engine size for jump starting?
A: The majority of running vehicles are below allowed size, and so the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 will work with most car engine sizes.
Q: Does the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 charge batteries?
A: No. The GB40 is technically a jump-starter â€“ not a battery charger or even a maintainer. The GB40 has only lead-acid battery compatibility, hence it cannot jump-start a lithium battery.
Q: Can it jump start a motorcycle or a lawnmower and such other vehicles?
A: Yes, the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 can jump-start vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, lawnmowers, cars, boats, RVs, tractors, trucks, and more.
Q: Where can I buy the NOCO Boost Plus GB40?
A: We prefer Amazon although you can always purchase NOCO products from many other trusted resellers trusted around the world and directly from the manufacturer.
NOCO Boost Plus GB40 – Conclusion
As important as this device is, its highly competitive price without a doubt, makes it a must-have for every car owner in their trunk or even the glove box. It includes its amazing booting features along with many adaptations and uses rendering to a great value achievement for every money spent. The appearance and the functionality of the device is another addition the manufacturers scrutinized. Hence, the device successfully came out to be aesthetically appealing while also giving out the best performance.
Since the service of an efficient jump-starter is required and at the same time, it must be durable, your perfect option is the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 ultra safe lithium jump-starter. The implication can be done in engines like UTVâ€™s, ATVs, snowmobiles, campers besides basic car and truck engines and other variety of equipment. You can rest assured purchasing the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 jump-starter because you would be making a wise and reliable position having it at hand.