Facing trouble with your car battery, while going to a long-planned vacation can be a serious buzz-kill for anyone.
As the best car battery plays a vital role in the mechanism of cars, getting stuck with a bad battery is a major headache that might suffer you for quite a long time. So buying the best battery is the solution to such a nuisance.Â
Yes, you read that right.
Exide battery has gained the trust of consumers because of its year-long dedication and exponential service to the car owners. So in this Exide battery review, we’ll be talking ins and outs and how you can choose them as well so let’s hope in for the quest of finding the best Automotive Battery.
Our Pick: Top Seven (7) Exide Batteries
1. Exide Edge FP-AGM24F Flat Plate AGM Battery
The Exide Edge FP-AGM24F battery will work like a champ once you fit it in your car, says various Exide premium batteryÃ‚Â reviewÃ‚Â in their observation.
First of all, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s see itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s overall appearance.
The battery is excellent with loads of cranking power. Your engine will turn on faster than ever in hot or cold weather once you get the battery. Here is some noteworthy specification
- Weight: 46.2 pounds
- Dimension: 10.2 x 6.8 x 8.7 inches
- 710 CCA; 120 MIN RC at 25A
- Non- spill AGM construction
- The toughest stress tests that proves its sustainable power.
The battery features absorbed glass mat and graphite technology. Both these features are exclusively introduced by the Exide battery. The battery is spill and leak-resistant for the great usage and longer life shell. Repetitive engine start is not an issue for the Exide battery. The specifications are given here for your convenience as well.
- Does not matter how hot or cold is the weather; your engine will start smoothly.
- CCA rating is high up to 710
- The life cycle is long, so it will last for years.
- It offers reserve capacity for 120 minutes that is better than any other brands available in the market.
- Some customers complained that it was broke earlier than it should.
- It fails without any conditions warning which can be dangerous sometimes.
The Exide Edge FP-AGML5/49 has gone through so many tests and each of those Stress tests has proven that it is the strongest among all the other batteries. The battery is constructed to be stronger than any other battery.
LetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s see its specification.
- Weight: 59.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 13.9 x 6.9 x 7.5 inches
- 850 CCA
- 160 MINRC at 25A
Its good side is not only its construction alone. The high capacity also makes it an outstanding battery to have. It can handle heavy loads on it more than any other batteries available in the market. The battery has a reserved capacity of 160 minutes at 25 Amps. It can be tilted to any position it fits your car.
- It is better than any other conventional batteries in heavy use.
- Affordable than other strong batteries.
- The battery is the first and only Absorbed Glass Mat technology product that maximizes the power of the battery.
- Toughest automatic stress tests for better performance.
- Works the best for automotive use.
- It is no spill as well.
- Some users experience that the battery does not hold a charge after some time of usage.
- A little bit pricey than batteries with similar specifications.
3. Exide Edge FP-AGML4/94RFlat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery
The Exide Edge FP-AGML4 is a sealed automotive battery that has 800 cold-cranking amps and its AGM battery system protection from any spills from happening.
It also stops the battery from being damaged. Many Exide Edge AGM battery reviews have reported saying that this technology keeps battery cleaner. The toughness of the battery is proven through the stress tests it has gone through several times.
WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re not through yet; here is its awesome specification:
140 MIN RC at 25AT
Weight: 53.3 poundsT
Dimensions: 12.4 x 6.9 x 7.5 inches
The quality and longevity of this battery are incomparable to any other batteries. The capacity of this battery is so stronger than others that it can handle heavy loads.
- No spill and AGM construction.
- Strongest battery available out there.
- Less prone to damages because of AGM construction.
- Strong and beautiful looking from the outside at the same time
- Users faced a problem with the battery before using a year.
- The battery is wider and not so deep which is an issue for some users.
4. Exide Edge FP-AGM78 Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery
This extremely lightweight but powerful battery allows you to drive smoothly and you can go for a long drive without any worries with this battery.
- The AGM battery technology is well-known for no spilling occurrence. You may find it too much expensive but it will offer service for years. Then you will find it a clever investment. The high price is because there is a top-notch product in it. The plastic handle of the battery makes installation easier.
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.1 x 7.1 inches
- 710 CCA; 120 MIN RC at 25A
- Non-spillable AGM technology
The Exide Edge FP-AGM78 battery comes with 770 CCA and 120 minutes of reserve capacity at 25 Amps power.
- Extremely lightweight.
- In spite of being lightweight, it is still a heavy duty battery.
- It outperforms other batteries with its performance.
- Lightweight battery system did not performs any harm to its durability
- So expensive
- Does not last for long according to the investment made.
5. Exide Edge FP-AGM51R Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery
If you have a vehicle with minor specifications you can go for this one. It is small and powerful that will fit the place well. Also, it will performs just as you wanted.
Exide Edge FP-AGM51R battery has an impressive reserve capacity of 75 minutes at 25 amps. It is made in a smaller size so If your need is not more than a light to the medium battery then you should check this one. This is a bit affordable and perfect for light usage. It is spill-proof just like other batteries by Exide. The battery has a full replacement warranty for a full four years.
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 4.9 x 8.7 inches
- 440 CCA; 75 MIN RC at 25A
- Still proof and AGM construction
- Great capacity to handle in the heavy-duty situation.
- The battery handles vibration easily.
- The deep discharge system is also mind blowing.
- Many have praised the battery for being durable for years.
- Worth every penny of yours for the performance
- It is a little too small that it needs a little bit modification
- Charge faster than flooded-plate batteries
6. Exide XMC-31 MEGACYCLE Free (AGM) Marine Battery
In spite of it being a little expensive, it will give you the perfect service. It is a well-made investment indeed. It has won the capacity test by working better than its ability. Two years of replacement guarantee makes the investment more secure.
First and foremost, letÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s talk about its specification.
- Weight: 74. 6 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 13.9 x 9.8 inches
- 925 CCA at 0 degrees F, 1110 CA at 32 degrees F
- 200 minutes reserved capacity
The Exide XMC-31 battery provides 925 CCA and 200 minutes of reserve capacity which is quite impressive. VariousÃ‚Â Exide marine battery reviewÃ‚Â is saying that it is one of the best they have ever come across. You need an outstanding battery to beat its work capacity. It is a heavyweight battery for your large engine electronic device. The battery will work amazingly with boats or small trolling motor. It is one of the best car batteries in Exide.
- Separator (Absorbed glass mat) is engineered that helps to stop cell dry out
- It is stable under extreme vibration
- The glass mat separator also makes it better in high cycling operation
- High reserve capacity
- The battery has impressive charge acceptance record
- Very expensive for non-commercial use
- Does not work impressively after a year or two
7. Exide MC-31 MEGACYCLE AGM-200 Sealed Maintenance-Free (AGM) Marine Battery
Exide has tried a little new thing with this battery that it has dual terminal engineering. The battery is pretty heavy and you do not have to check every now and then.
With other lead batteries, you need to check the water every six months. But this sealed one does not require this lot of maintenance. You can be tension free on long trips as it does not fade power easily. It is so powerful that it can work as a backup for a motorhome.
- Weight: 70 pounds
- 200 minutes of reserve capacity
- Dimensions: 13 x 6.6 x 9.4 inches
- 700 CCA at zero degrees F or 840 CA at 32 degrees F
The battery always stays clean and corrosion-free. You can travel with the battery for your use that will work for a long time without disturbance.
Also, it has really caught the attention with quite a favorableÃ‚Â Exide extreme batteryÃ‚Â from the various market observers.
- The warranty is extensive
- Charge acceptance is quite impressive
- Heavy duty battery that works like a beast
- AGM battery provides clean and reliable power
- The battery is too heavy that it becomes another passenger in a boat
- Quite expensive
The Buying Guide
Buying batteries without any research may make you do some ill-advised purchase of low-quality batteries, only to regret later. So here we are to help you with things that you should keep in mind while buying a new battery for cars. When user demands the best car battery we suggest the Exide battery.
Starting, Lighting, and Ignition (SLI)
Also known as the most common type of car battery you will find out there as it is used by most car owners. They are a multi-purpose battery that helps you to start the ignition and other things like radio as well. They need to be recharged quite often
They are the heavy-duty best car batteries which are used even in the underwater vehicles because they last a long period of time.
Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA)
VRLA batteries areÃ‚Â maintenance free batteriesÃ‚ that come into two different categories; Gel Cell andÃ‚ AGM batteries. The best thing about this type of batteries that you won’t need to change the water or worry about any leak. But they can’t be repaired either if you do face any problems.
Things to consider before buying
Buying batteries online may be a little bit risky but make sure you check reviews before investing. You can check outÃ‚Â Exide Edge AGM at Amazon to consider as your new battery. It has most of the features that a battery should have.
Power of battery:
A battery is for giving fire to the car. As this is its basic job, if you ignore this main part and get attracted to other features then you will be making trouble for you and your vehicle. First and foremost you have to check out the power of a battery.
If it is enough to power your car then keep it in your wish list. You can go fancy with it by selecting a more powerful battery as well. Powerful batteries need more powerful chargers to keep that in mind as well. If your vehicle is for simpler use, then it is not necessary to go overboard.
Check out Warranty:
Then, check guarantees of all the available brands in the market. The more guarantees it provides the better it is. Replacement guarantees with cost-free choice are better. You can compare companies with each otherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s benefits other than warranties as well. Longest warranties are better as some batteries lose their ability in six months or so.
Before buying a battery you need to check the width, height, and length of it. The right side of the battery is best for a car as it prevents from damage caused by vibration. You may not be able to do it yourself. Ask a mechanic to help measure for correct sizes. Then your battery will fit into the car and be secured.
Battery manufactures date:
Manufacture date indicates the freshness of the battery. The code on the battery that has a date, month and year indicate how fresh the battery is. Never buy a battery that is more than six months old. Batteries lose their ability by the passage of time which you do not want to face by buying an old battery.
Reserve capacity means how much time the battery can go without the help of the engine and before discharge. Meanwhile, Reserve capacity is very important in tough situations. Your battery with better reserve capacity will be able to handle tough situations like the noncompliant engine, alternator failure or accidentally leaving lights on. It also proves how powerful the battery is.
Cold cranking amps (CCA):
CCA is known as the power requirement of the battery to start. Cranking amp is 32-degree energy required for the engine to start. But cold cranking energy is when the engine can be started in zero degree temperature. If you are living in a cold climate this will help you go through rough weather. Batteries with CCA will work without disturbance in hot or cold both temperatures.
Some other tips to pick the right battery
Go to the local dealer or sub-dealer!
There are plenty of batteries available in the market with premium specifications. It is sometimes overwhelming for people with lesser experience of batteries and automobile. If you look for knowledge on the internet you may end up being more confused. You better go to the respective battery company showrooms. You will be able to find out which battery is exactly needed for your car. This is how you do not have to worry about size or power requirement of the car.
Price does not matter!
In most of the cases, companies keep prices that are standard for all. You get what you pay most of the time. Batteries are also the same. Comparing specifications is better than comparing prices. Because you will need the battery every time you are out with the car. It is important to buy a great battery to be able to be secured. And good things cost more. So keep in mind that you are buying something for years. This is an investment, so keep concentration on specifications.
Do not buy from local places!
It is absolutely a bad idea to buy batteries form local garages. They hardly provide any warranty and those do not last long either. Those batteries are a waste of money and you cannot complain about them. So always go for branded options all the time with more warranties. You can consider Exide battery for that and you will not regret it a bit.
Ampere-hour of battery!
It refers to how much energy it can save in itself. Get batteries that have higher ampere as it will have lesser possibilities of being dead.
The position of terminals!
Before installing the battery make sure the terminal is in the right position. Also, put the battery screwed securely or there is a risk if it is in contact with the metal shell of the car. It is very important to keep things checked all the time before facing an accident.
Maintenance tips for an Exide battery
There are two kinds of batteries out there. There are low maintenance and maintenance-free batteries.
Sealed batteries are better as those are maintenance-free. The liquid electrolytes can run throughout the battery life and no maintenance is needed here.ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a high electrical demandable battery.
If you are not interested in regular maintenance then go for this one and these kinds of batteries are also spill proof that is a great side of it. Or just buy the low maintenance one that needs distilled water occasionally. These kinds of batteries have unsealed caps that can be opened for maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions:Â Â
Q: What are the things to consider before buying an Exide Battery?
A: Three things are most important while buying a battery. Consider Size, power and warranty must. The size helps with fitting in the car. Power is needed to know ampere-hour to power a vehicle. And last but least is the warranty. Warranty is important to understand its longevity.
Q: Can you use a car battery charger for something else such as a power supply?
A: although hypothetically you can use the old chargers as power supplies, you will need to convince the presence of a battery aka externally supplying some voltage in order to use it.
Q: Do I need to disconnect the car battery when charging?
A: It really doesn’t matter that lot as the voltage of the charger won’t be able to sustain any damage conditions to your car
Q: What is the price of Exide Car Batteries?
A: The Price of Exide car batteries is around $150-350.
Q: Can I check my Exide car batteries warranty online?
A: Yes, you can check your registered Exide car batteries by clicking Product details such as Serial number, Purchase date, Registered date, the Warranty period.
Q: Do you need to charge a new car battery?
A: Well, even though the new battery going to come with loaded with charge but If you are intending to keep the car battery into the store for a long time you need it to be charged every 2 months to keep functioning.Â
Q: Is this Exide car battery good?
A:Ã‚Â As per my experience Exide is much more popular in World and you get from any shop, but if you are comparing overall Simply Amaron is much Better, you will get more warranty than Exide, performance is awesome even after years usage. Chance of complaints during the last year of warranty less in Amaron vs Exide, price is almost similar in the market so go for the best without any hesitation.
Q: Which Exide batteries can be used for inverters?
A: Yes, Exide 150Ah is new Instabrite inverter ups battery. Exide Inva Master Tubular Battery 150Ah/12V are some of the batteries for inverters. This battery also gives a 36-month warranty.
You also check the best AGMÂ battery Review. In this deep cycle battery review, we also recommend another battery.
Getting stuck in your car while going somewhere is not something you would ever want to face, but if you fall into the trap of buying a battery that is not right for your car, then it’s bound to be.
You can avoid this by regular checkup of car batteries and replacing them on time, as there are plenty of choice so you actually can compare with each other and choose the best one.Â
If you do check out into Exide Car Battery, their battery has a capacity of handling loads better than any other battery.Â Their strong reputation for listening to the customer demands with new or better products and after-sales service has gained them the reputation they enjoy today.Â