You’re a truck guy!
And like any vehicle, that mighty beast of yours needs a battery to get started.
But just not any kind. Trucks have a specific type of battery requirement. And if you know your ride, then you know what battery type you need.
Yes, that’s right:
The Group 65 Battery.
And it’s not just only for the trucks, most mid-size vehicles of today use it. Whatever your ride is, if you’re looking for the best group 65 battery, you’ve come to the right place.
That’s because I’ve gone out and found the 3-most amazing 65 series battery just for you.
3 Best group 65 Battery
1. Odyssey 65-PC1750T Automotive and LTV Battery
Not many 65 group battery can serve despite what car you ride. Only the best group 65 car battery can make it happen. And the Odyssey-PC1750T is one of the few.
It doesn’t matter if you ride the truck or high-performance sports car, the 65 Odyssey can offer what it requires.
There is so much good stuff there is about it. For starters, the high cranking power. It cranks up to 950CCA. Now, that’s enough power to lit up any car, off-roaders, and even some massive trucks.
And the higher CCA rating is always a positive sight. Mainly, if you live in the colder states in the country, you can rest assured the Odyssey will get the engine roar no matter how cold it is out there.
Meanwhile, the 80% DoD rate on it lets you squeeze more juice out of it before you’ve got to plug it to recharge.
And when you’ve to do so, it doesn’t keep you waiting, unlike the other 65 truck battery, as it is capable recharge entirely within just four short hours.
Why Odyssey 65-PC1750T is our top pick?
- Now, all those features are enough to win over anyone. However, I’ve picked this one for other reasons. Yes, no doubt, it has some great traits.
- It charges super fast, has an impressive DoD rate, and is even one of the highest CCA group 65 batteries. But I love the fact; you save a lot of money when you get the Odyssey.
- As it is an AGM battery, you don’t have to maintain it like some other car batteries. The resealable venting system on it takes care of it—no need to topping up the battery with fresh distilled water.
But that’s not it!
- The Odyssey has 3-10 years of service life. And the best part, it comes with a limited 3, and 4-year replacement warranty. So, you don’t have to think about changing the car battery for the next decade.
Want to save the trouble and spare some bucks? Get the Odyssey 65-PC1750T for the car.
- 70% longer life cycle.
- Spill-free battery.
- It works great in hot and cold weather alike.
- Easy to mount.
- Durable design.
- It is expensive.
2. NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery NSB-AGM65
You want the best 65 group battery that charges fast. If you’re not happy with your current battery and want to replace it with a new one, go with Northstar.
It is one of the fastest charging car batteries in this category. And that thanks to its three stages of charge current.
- Pure lead AGM technology delivers exceptional CCA ratings and reserve capacity cycling ability
- Quick starting every time
- Cycles over 900 times to 50% depth of discharge
The first thing that happens when you plug the battery to charge is that it gets into the constant current mode—the fist stage of charging.
And it remains in this stage until it reaches the 0.25 volts mark. Once it does, the constant voltage phase kicks in to take the volts up to 14.
This constant change in phases helps the battery to charge up faster than usual. Also, you would admire the fact it has a 50% DoD rate. So, you can use 50% of the charge before plugging it to fill the juice in the battery.
Why NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery is our top pick?
- The key selling point for the Northstar is its reserve capacity. There is no doubt; it provides excellent backup.
- Imagine you’re driving through the middle of nowhere, and the battery charging system of your suddenly stopped working. It’s a hot summer day. Or maybe it’s raining heavily.
- Either way, your car’s AC or the windshield wipe is of no use, because of the sudden demise of the charging system. That’s when you’ve got to entirely rely on the car battery to get you through the tough time.
- And that’s what the Northstar does so brilliantly. It gives you more than an hour’s support. So, you can drive back safely and comfortably, instead of getting stuck with a dead battery.
Plus, you would love the fact the batteries get made in the USA. So, you’re helping the economy to grow when you buy this AGM cell.
- Made in the USA.
- High Cold-cranking amps.
- It cycles over 900 times to 50% DoD rate.
- Durable construction.
- It’s heavy and doesn’t come charged.
3. ACDelco 65AGMHR Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 65 Battery
If you’re planning for the best group 65 battery for the off-roaders, then ACDelco has the perfect thing for you.
It’s the ACDelco 65AGMHR professional. No doubt, it’s the perfect fit for your off-roader.
Why so? Simple. The AGM design is durable. You can ride the car on the roughest of tracks; the battery will stay the same. No leaking, no spilling. All the contents remain inside and work the way it should so that you enjoy a great time riding the car.
That’s not it!
No products found.
Car batteries often tend to fail due to overheating. The water inside the cell evaporates causes failure. However, with the ACDelco AGM, you don’t have to worry about such a thing. That’s because it reduces water loss with its oxygen recombination system. Therefore, no overheating of the car battery.
Why ACDelco 65AGMHR is our top pick?
- Now, its tough exterior, the long extended lifespan, those things are great. But for me, the ACDelco surpasses the other 65 group battery for one reason only.
- It’s deep-cycling gifts. The battery provides sustained power that you can rely on, unlike your regular car batteries. They don’t just offer a quick burst of energy and flame out, no!
- The ACDelco grants a steady stream of energy for your car to run on for extended periods. And unlike the standard batteries, it doesn’t lose the battery capacity so quickly.
- Most lead-acid batteries, due to constant discharge and recharge, lose 20% of its capacity. However, this has a better life cycle thanks to its deep cycling quality.
So, you don’t have to suffer any such loss
- Maintenance-free battery
- Greater life cycle
- High CCA rating.
- Good DoD rate.
- Easy to install.
- A little bit heavy
The benefit of buying the Group 65 Batteries
You might think, why should you get these best 65 group battery? They are a little bit expensive compared to the regular ones. So, why do you need them?
It’s not wrong if you have such questions.
On the contrary, I will say these are quite common. You might have some doubts about switching over the pricey AGM batteries.
So, let me clear the air of doubt for you. For starters, it is safer to use in all types of vehicles. No matter whether if its off-roaders or trucks, AGM batteries sturdy construction won’t let any spilling.
Then there is the fact you’ve got to have to worry less about the maintenance with these best 65 group batteries. Unlike your standard ones, they don’t need the topping of water every time it gets overheated. Instead, it retains the water itself, to keep it working without any problem.
And still, if you think why to buy one? Then let me say, these aren’t going to offer a short time burst of energy and fade out. Nope!
The AGM battery offers a steady stream of energy for longer hours, so you can have a reliable source of power to run all the electrical gadgets in the car. And when you need the short burst of extra energy for startups, the AGM can give you that too like the regular ones.
So, yes, these batteries might cost a bit more, but you can’t ignore that they offer more benefits than regular cells. That’s enough reason to spend a little bit more on the AGM.
Frequently Ask Question of Best Group 65 Battery
What is the best group 65 battery?
There are a couple of brands that offer the best group 65 battery. Brands like Odyssey, Northstar, and ACDelco come top.
Who makes the best group 65 AGM car battery?
Odyssey, Northstar, ACDelco makes some of the group 65 AGM car batteries.
Who makes the best group 65 battery?
Northstar is one name that has been there for years now. Besides that, Odyssey and some couple of other brands are making some great group 65 cells for the vehicles.
What does a group 65 battery fit?
The group 65 battery fits most cars, trucks, and off-roaders of today.
What is the best battery for trucks?
The Odyssey 65 group battery is the best battery for the truck.
What is a group size 65 battery?
The group 65 battery is a specially sized battery determined by the BCI.
Best Group 35 Battery in 2020
Finding the best group 65 battery can be a daunting task. Especially with all the brands out there, you can get misguided easily.
However, I’ve thought of making it easy on you, and that’s why I got the best of the lot right here.
So, just go with any one of them and you’ll car will be more than fine. If you need to choose yourself, the buying guide is always there to help you.
No matter what, you will find the right car battery for the car, that’s for sure
Last update on 2021-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API