You’re a truck guy! Like any vehicle, yours needs a battery to get started. Not just any kind though, as you are well aware. Trucks have a specific type of battery requirement. You know you know what battery type you need, you need a Group 65 Battery. Here are our picks for the best group 65 battery.
It not just only for the trucks, most mid-size vehicles of today use it. Whatever your ride is, if you’re looking for the best Group 65 battery, you’ve come to the right place.
That’s because we’ve gone out and found the three most amazing Group 65 series battery just for you and are available now.
The Best Group 65 Battery – Our Picks
Not many Group 65 battery’s can serve despite what car you ride. Only the best Group 65 car battery can make it happen. The Odyssey 65-PC1750T is one of those few.
It doesn’t matter if you drive a truck or a high-performance sports car, the Odyssey 65-PC1750T can offer what it requires.
There is so much good stuff there is about it. For starters, the high cranking power. It cranks up to 950CCA. Now, that’s enough power to lit up any car, off-roaders, and even some massive trucks.
The higher CCA rating is always a positive measure. Mainly, if you live in the colder states in the country, you can rest assured the Odyssey will get the engine roar no matter how cold it is out there.
Meanwhile, the 80% DoD rate on it lets you squeeze more juice out of it before you’ve got to plug it to recharge.
When you do have to recharge, it doesnâ€™t keep you waiting, unlike the other Group 65 truck battery, as it is capable recharge entirely within just four short hours.
- Now, all those features are enough to win over anyone. However, I’ve picked this one for other reasons. Yes, no doubt, it has some great traits.
- It charges super fast, has an impressive DoD rate, and is even one of the highest CCA Group 65 batteries. But I love the fact; you save a lot of money when you get the Odyssey.
- As it is an AGM battery, you don’t have to maintain it like some other car batteries. The resealable venting system on it takes care of itâ€”no need to topping up the battery with fresh distilled water.
But thatâ€™s not it!
- The Odyssey has 3-10 years of service life. And the best part, it comes with a limited 3, and 4-year replacement warranty. So, you donâ€™t have to think about changing the car battery for the next decade.
Want to save the trouble and spare some bucks? Get the Odyssey 65-PC1750T for the car.
- 70% longer life cycle.
- Spill-free battery.
- It works great in hot and cold weather alike.
- Easy to mount.
- Durable design.
- It is expensive.
DelphiÂ Technologies batteries cover a range of cold cranking power (CCA) and reserve capacity (RC) too. CCAs ensure the car starts when needed. RCs help run power accessories from heated seats to DVD players. Delphi AGM batteries provide more cycle life, superior vibration and corrosion resistance, and maximum power delivery.
Why the Delphi BU9065 MaxStart AGM Group 65 Premium Automotive Battery is one of our top picks?
- The key selling point for the Delphi is its reserve capacity. It provides excellent backup.
- Either way, your car’s AC or the windshield wipe is of no use, because of the sudden demise of the charging system. That’s when you’ve got to entirely rely on the car battery to get you through the tough time.
- That’s what the Delphi does so brilliantly. It gives you more than an hours support. So, you can drive back safely and comfortably, instead of getting stuck with a dead battery.
Plus, you will appreciate the fact these batteries are made in the USA.
- Made in the USA
- High Cold-cranking amps.
- It cycles over 900 times to 50% DoD rate.
- Durable construction.
- None too alarming
If you’re planning for the best Group 65 battery for the off-roaders, then Deka has the perfect thing for you. Itâ€™s the Deka 9A65 AGM Intimidator Battery.
No doubt, its the perfect fit for your off-roader. Why so?Â Simple. The AGM design is durable. You can ride the car on the roughest of tracks; the battery will stay the same. No leaking, no spilling. All the contents remain inside and work the way it should so that you enjoy a great time riding the car.
With its enhanced electrolyte suspension system – special glass mats absorb more electrolyte. Vibration protection safeguards battery performance over time. Fast recharging powers more electronics longer. Designed to hand factory installed electronics to anything that plugs in or turns on, and still deliver. 2x the endurance in severe service, as well as 2x the cycle life. Equipped for the toughest conditions and the most intense electrical power demands.Â
Why the Deka 9A65 AGM Intimidator Battery is one of our top picks?
- Now, its tough exterior, the long extended lifespan, those things are great. But for me, the Deka surpasses the other Group 65 batteries for one reason only. The deep cycling.
- The battery provides sustained power that you can rely on, unlike your regular car batteries. They donâ€™t just offer a quick burst of energy and flame out, no!
- The Deka grants a steady stream of energy for your car to run on for extended periods. And unlike the standard batteries, it doesn’t lose the battery capacity so quickly.
So, you don’t have to suffer any such loss
- Maintenance-free battery
- Greater life cycle
- High CCA rating
- Good DoD rate
- May be a tight fit as it primarily fits Ford, Lincoln and Dodge full size vehicles, SUV’s, trucks and vans.
The Benefits of Buying a Group 65 Battery
You might think, why should you get these best Group 65 battery? They are a little bit expensive compared to the regular ones. So, why do you need them?
It’s not wrong if you have such questions.
On the contrary, I will say these are quite common. You might have some doubts about switching over the pricey AGM batteries.
So, let me clear the air of doubt for you. For starters, it is safer to use in all types of vehicles. No matter whether if its off-roaders or trucks, AGM batteries sturdy construction won’t let any spilling.
Then there is the fact you’ve got to have to worry less about the maintenance with these best Group 65 batteries. Unlike your standard ones, they donâ€™t need the topping of water every time it gets overheated. Instead, it retains the water itself, to keep it working without any problem.
And still, if you think why to buy one? Then let me say, these aren’t going to offer a short time burst of energy and fade out. Nope!
The AGM battery offers a steady stream of energy for longer hours, so you can have a reliable source of power to run all the electrical gadgets in the car. And when you need the short burst of extra energy for startups, the AGM can give you that too like the regular ones.
So, yes, these batteries might cost a bit more, but you can’t ignore that they offer more benefits than regular cells. Thats enough reason to spend a little bit more on the AGM.
Best Group 65 Batteries FAQs
What is the best Group 65 battery?
There are a couple of brands that offer the best Group 65 battery. Brands like Odyssey, Deka, Delphi, Northstar )when/where available) come to the top.
Who makes the best Group 65 AGM car battery?
Odyssey, Northstar, AC Delco makes some of the Group 65 AGM car batteries.
Who makes the best Group 65 battery?
Northstar is one name that has been there for years now. Besides that, Odyssey and some couple of other brands are making some great Group 65 cells for the vehicles.
What does a Group 65 battery fit?
The Group 65 battery fits most cars, trucks, and off-roaders of today.
What is the best battery for trucks?
The Odyssey GroupÂ 65 battery is the best battery for the truck.
What is a group size 65 battery?
The Group 65 battery is a specially sized battery determined by the BCI.
Best Group 65 Batteries – Final Words
Finding the best Group 65 battery can be a daunting task. Especially with all the brands out there, you can get misguided easily.
However, we’ve thought of making it easy on you, and that’s why we are hopefully providing you insight.
So, just go with any one of them and you’ll car will be more than fine. If you need to choose yourself, the buying guide is always there to help you.
No matter what, you will find the right car battery for the car, that’s for sure